Complete Home Inspection Services

Complete Home Inspections for buyers- It is just not wise to invest in a property blindly, whether a property is new or a few years old, defects may be identified with a thorough inspection that can save you a lot of money and trouble at the end of the day. My inspection reports will cover all aspects of the property from roof to foundation, electrical, plumbing, exterior and interior structure, all doors and windows, garages and any attached structures.

Snag Inspection

A snag list is a list of small but important jobs that remain to be done on a new building, and which have to be done before the building is considered to be completely finished. We can help you with a complete snag list of issues found.

Rental Inspection

Rental inspections are done to ensure that key areas of the property are checked and in good condition.

  • A rental inspection - checks the overall condition of the property to determine whether it is in a safe condition and livable. We take note and report back to the landlord with pictures and a descriptive inspection report of any damages and defects to the structure, windows, doors, fixtures, etc. 
  • Tenant Move-in Inspection - is conducted with the tenant and landlord or managing agent present. This inspection document or record any defects and damage present before the tenant occupy the property, this document can also be used as reference to compare before tenant vacate the property. This document will be the same as the rental inspection but will be signed by both landlord/managing agent and tenant. 


We do not cover the following inspections: 

These inspections are normally to do with a occupancy certificate which we are not certified to do.

An Occupation Certificate is compulsory for every building before occupation, as required by the National Building Regulations and Building Standards Act (1977).  This is to show that all requirements have been met and to safeguard the owner.

In order to get an Occupation Certificate from Council you will need:-

1.)    Approved Building plans from the Municipality, plus any documentation from Town Planning regarding rezoning, building line relaxation, consent etc. etc. and if necessary an approved Site Development Plan (SDP).

2.)    Completion Certificate from a registered structural / civil Engineer – this is for the Foundations, Concrete Slabs, Staircases, Wooden / Suspended floors, Steel work, Roofs, freestanding Walls over 2.1m high, swimming pools and all structures built without prior planning permission.

3.)    Certificate (Roof Truss) – your truss supplier / installer should provide you with certification, alternatively consult your engineer.

4.)   IOPSA Certificate of Compliance (Institute of Plumbing South Africa) – this is required for all plumbing / drainage / sewerage work.  It can only be issued by a registered plumber.
5.)    Glazing Certificate – your glazier will supply you with Certification.

6.)    Electrical Certificate of Compliance – this can only be issued by a registered Electrician.

7.)    Fire Certificate – this is required for all public buildings and buildings using flammable materials e.g. wood or thatch roofs.